Who Are We?
South Manchester Credit Union is a not-for-profit co-operative. We offer savings and loans exclusively for people who live and work in South Manchester.
We have a diverse range of members. We aim to meet the financial needs of our members. From the financially excluded to the financially secure, we give great value and everything that you invest into the credit union is reinvested in you.
Do I have to Pay?
The only cost incurred is a joining fee of £3. Any other money that you put into your account becomes your savings.
- Maintain a safe and financially strong cooperative business.
- Deliver a range of affordable products and services to meet the diverse needs of our members/ owners.
- Build membership across all communities within out common bond area.
- Educate members, potential members, and the wider community about the uniqueness and economic importance of credit unions.
- Encourage thrift, savings and the wise use of credit.
- Be a part of the community we serve.
- Improve the knowledge and ability of our members / owners to manage and control their financial well-being.
- Deliver our services in a friendly professional manner through a well-trained, professional team.
- Provide our employees with a challenging and rewarding career.